Pages

Monday 3 December 2018

Welcome Mrs Hamilton πŸ™‚

Yesterday at approximately 10:30 am we had a little powhiri for the new principal, Mrs Hamilton.

First the powhiri started off with a karanga that I had to lead.

It went like this "Haere mai ra e nga manuhiri tuarangi e, Haere Mai Haere Mai Heare Mai." Then Miss George replied in Maori. After that I carried on with my part which was "Haere mai i runga ite kaupapa o te ra nei e, Haere mai ra." Once the visitors were inside I said, "Whakatau mai ra, Whakatau mai ra Whakatau mai ra."

When Mrs Hamilton had approached the hall the whole school sat down then Saluselo said a little whaikorero (speech) for Mrs Hamilton. After the speech was done we sang the school song which was E Hara. When the song was finished Mrs Vickers stood up and said her speech which almost made me cry. Then we sang 2 songs after that which were He Honore and He Kohako.


No comments:

Post a Comment